I was looking up a remedy for pregnancy and I found this great website. It covers many of the common homeopathic remedies used for pregnancy, labor, and postpartum. I have experienced positive results with many of these. For my second pregnancy I used Nux Vomica successfully for morning sickness. I used Cimicifuga, Caulophyllum, and Arnica towards the end of my pregnancy which helped with productive contractions. I used high doses of Arnica (1M) for after the delivery, which lessened my pain and swelling significantly. For postpartum depression I used Pulsatilla 200C. I think I should have also taken Sepia 200C. I wish I had known about the Mastitis remedy. That was another thing that I struggled with the first few weeks of nursing. Here is a list of remedies that help with common issues that arise during this time. This list comes from the website linked above. Happy Birthing.
- Morning sickness: Sepia, Nux Vomica, Pulsatilla
- Constipation: Nux vomica, Sepia, Opium
- Repeated miscarriage: Sepia, Sabina
- To encourage an efficient labor (for Primigravadas, or those with a history of long, difficult labors, anyone with cervical scarring, post-dates): Begin this regimen at 36 weeks and continue weekly until she reaches 40 weeks.
- Cimicifuga 12C: 1 pellet on Monday
- Caulophyllum 12C: 1 pellet on Wednesday
- Arnica 12C: 1 pellet on Friday
- Alternate method to make labor shorter and faster: alternate Cimicifuga and Caulophyllum starting at 38 weeks, do this for 14 days, 1 remedy each day. Note- do not use both protocols, choose one.
- Mal-Presentation of the Baby: Pulsatilla, Natrum Mur (if amniotic fluid levels are not normal)
- Lack of progress during labor: Pulsatilla, Caulophyllum, Gelsemium
- Post-partum hemorrhage*: Aconite, Arnica, Caulophyllum, Cinchona; to build blood afterwards- Ferrum Phos; *Note- seek medical treatment to make sure bleeding has stopped and to replenish fluid and/or iron stores.
- Retained placenta: Pulsatilla, Sabina
- Prolapse organs: Sepia, Hamamelis
- Mastitis: Phytolacca – hard lymph nodes and pain in nipple which radiates over body when child nurses, Belladonna- pain located in particular region, fever, throbbing hot shiny redness)
- Postpartum depression: Pulsatilla, Sepia
~Green Boot Girl
Remember, these are suggestions, not medical advice. Disclaimer