Time to make Dandelion Tea! Why?? Our yard is full of spring dandelions! I had no idea about this little Utah treasure. The kids are in heaven with all the flowers popping up. I had each of the boys gather a bag full this morning. It was really quiet for about 30 minutes…. miracle around here!
Garrett was so proud.
Here are the pretty flowers.
What to do with all the dandelions? Well today I decided to make Dandelion Herbal Tea. Here are some of the health benefits of Dandelion Tea:
Blood Sugar Regulation
High in Antioxidants
Contains vitamins A, C and D, and significant amounts of zinc, iron, magnesium and potassium.
Dandelion Tea is such a healthy herbal tea to add to any daily diet. Here goes.
Directions for Homemade Fresh Dandelion Tea
1. Gather 3 cups of fresh dandelions (from an unsprayed/ organic location)
2. Cut off the stems and leave just the flowers.
3. Add them to a jar/ or pitcher in my case
4. Add 7-10 cups boiling hot water.
5. Add about 3-5 tea bags of your favorite tea bags to the mix…. I added green tea with ginger.
6. Let steep for 10- 15 minutes.
7. Strain and make sure there are no little floaties after the fact!
8. Add the warm tea to a clean jar/ or container.
9. Add a natural sweetener…. I added about 3 TBSP Honey.
10. You can drink it warm or store it in the refrigerator and drink it as Dandelion Iced Tea. Yum.
Here is a great place to buy Organic Dandelion Tea if you can’t make your own.